Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Camera Raw Editing





































1. Flowers; 10.9.10; 12:59 PM; Rexburg, Idaho; f 11; 1/250; Canon Rebel XSi

I found these cute flowers outside of my car as I pulled up to park to take some pictures of another subject. I took a couple pictures of them. I opened them in camera raw and they were all pretty bright. I brought down the exposure level and added some contrast. I changed the levels and darkened, or kind of burned the edges with the brush tool. I think the final picture turned out much better then the original with the colors and lighting that were edited.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, you sure made those flowers "pop"! You can also do a lens vignette under the lens corrections palette on CS4. Not sure if it is still there with CS5? Camera RAW is such an awesome editing platform!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Camera Raw is wonderful for taking ordinary pictures and turning into something extraordinary. Great job! The coloring is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on the "burned" edges. It puts a good focus on the middle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michael is right - the focused light makes this image more dramatic and beautiful. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete