Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Action Freeze and Blur




























































1. Dusk Haunting; 9.29.2010; 6:22 PM; Bannack, Montana; f 22; 1.6; Cannon Rebel XSI
2. Ghosts; 9.29.2010; 12:45 PM; Bannack, Montana; f 4.5; 8.0; Cannon Rebel XSI; Tripod
3. Dripping Water; 9.29.2010; 5:37 PM; Bannack, Montana; f 5.6; 1/320; Cannon Rebel XSI

The first picture was taken at the cemetery on the way out of town. I didn't take my tripod out so I found a wood post and positioned my camera and found an angle that I liked. Mike stood in as a ghost. I had a shutter speed that captured him in the picture, but it wasn't to bright to blow out the whole image. The 2nd ghost picture was taken in Bannack in a dark room in one of the buildings. I had my camera on a tripod and had a longer exposure. And what do ya know?! I captured two ghosts! The third image was while we were waiting to find the last two tripods. Will's water bottle broke so we poured it on leaves so I could get an action blur. I had other images of action freeze, but I really liked the colors in this and the water drops that are frozen.

2 comments:

  1. The dripping water is awesome. I will have to try that some time. It is crisp. You nailed it! Very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful picture of the leaf. Good timing with the drops.

    ReplyDelete