Monday, September 27, 2010

Flexible Edits- Smart Filter and Adjustment Mask









































































1. Patriotic; 9.18.2010; 7:08 AM; Idaho Falls, Idaho; f 5.6; 1/100; Canon Rebel XSI

2. Wave River; 9.17.2010; 5:15 PM; Rigby, Idaho; f 4.0; 1/1250; Canon Rebel XSI


These were both pictures that I liked before I edited them, but I think the edits add a different touch. Patriotic, is a bench that is located outside the Police Department in Idaho Falls. There is some slight color in the bench, but due to the lighting when I was there, you don't see much of it in the original image. I added a Smudge Stick Smart Filter to it, and masked out the star area, so that the filter only affected the red stripes. I added color to the picture by using layers and changing the hue and saturation. Wave River was edited by adding an adjustment mask. I brightened up the foreground by duplicating the layer and using the screen blending mode. I masked the sky out so it would have the same natural color.

3 comments:

  1. I like how you edited the river one. It darkened it up a little but made the colors a little more conctrated. It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It interesting how you took out the color (red) on the patriotic picture, yet is still looks patriotic. Nice angle. I really liked that picture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You put a great artistic feel to the american flag picture.

    ReplyDelete