Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Memory of Grandpa
















Memory of Grandpa; 24x36; 9.17.2010; 6:12 PM; Hiese, Idaho; Canon Rebel XSi; Aperature Priority; f 5.6; 1/200 sec; Gradient Map, Text, Underpainting, drybrush, and palette knife filters, Multiply and screen copies, levels, curves.

I choose this image because it evokes the most emotion in me. When I think of idaho, I think of my great grandparents and making summer visits to them. I miss them. Whenever I think of Grandpa, I think of him sitting in his rocking chair in the corner of their living room reading the newspaper, working in the garden, or off fishing. This picture of the fisherman reminded me of him and brought back many memories. The quote that I choose to go with it also is something that is inspiring to me. It helps me remember that I need to help bring others to Christ and to teach them and guide them so that they can do the same. I edited the picture to make it look like a painting. I first did all the edits that I wanted to it to make it look nice and then I applied a couple of different filters to it and took screen shots of the image. I used the history brush to paint back the textures and edits from each of the filters. I applied a gradient map to give it a look that wasn't so green. I like the way it turned out and the memories that it brings into my mind as I look at it. It will be something that I will be happy to hang in my home that will remind me of what Idaho means to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment